If you have any questions about this post, contact me at email@example.com.
Women Can Benefit from Body Beast as Much as Men
Body Beast is a serious weightlifting/bodybuilding program. It is the first of its kind that takes a comprehensive approach to building muscle mass. Although Beachbody has marketed it exclusively to the high testosterone crowd, there is no reason why women cannot or should not do Body Beast. Sagi Kalev, the creator of Body Beast, has stated that he encourages more women to take on Body Beast, including all the supplements. As a Team Beachbody coach, I personally know of five women who are crushing the Body Beast workouts and they are getting amazing results, and the program has only been out for less than two months.
Unfortunately, so many women are scared of weight training even though it is one of the best forms of exercise for shedding fat. They worry that they would become unfeminine and “bulky,” like the freaky looking female bodybuilders with deep voices and facial hair from East Germany. Yet, even in the face of all the research to the contrary, many women still have a nagging fear of becoming a muscle head each time they pick up their pink 3lb dumbbells.
The thought of becoming a muscle head with massive biceps and bulky thighs sends many women running straight for the elliptical machine or the stationary bicycle. There’s a myth that women have been fed that cardio training is the best way to get lean, but that’s not necessarily true. Too much cardio can cause you to lose muscle mass, which robs you of your best fat shredding tissue. The bottom line is that weight training builds muscle. More muscle means more calorie burning tissue. Muscles continue to burn calories long after you’ve stopped exercising. In fact, muscle burns calories 24/7, even while you’re sleeping. When you work them out hard, muscles need energy to repair, thus burning even more calories.
Can Women Do Body Beast?
Of course. I wouldn’t be writing this article if I didn’t believe it. My best proof is my wife, who now is also a vocal advocate of weight training, even though she believed in the silly weight training myths for most of her life. She wrote a post about her experience with P90X here. Although Body Beast doesn’t include a lot of cardio, that doesn’t mean you won’t burn calories or reduce your body fat. The program uses special training techniques which maximizes your muscular pump and caloric burn in order to create fast changes to your body composition, whether you are male or female. If you’re not looking to build muscle, you can use Body Beast to burn fat.
How Does a Woman Benefit from Doing Body Beast?
As you get older, unless you regularly do resistance training, you will slowly lose muscle mass. Through weight training, you can prevent muscle mass loss while at the same time increasing your bone density. Stronger muscles and denser bones means that you can live life with more vigor. Walking up stairs, carrying the groceries, and lifting your children will not be a challenge. Additionally, when you weight train with a well designed program such as Body Beast, you can improve your balance and build muscles that protect your joints, which helps to prevent injuries.
If you really want to get deep about it, weight training is also a great form of disease control and prevention. According to the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Diabetes Association, people with diabetes can experience “improved insulin sensitivity, improved glucose tolerance . . . and a lower risk for heart disease…” if they exercised regularly. To get the best results for disease prevention, it is recommended that you do weight training at least 2 to 3 times a week. You’ll more than meet this recommendation because Body Beast will have you working out 6 days each week.
Will a Woman Become Huge and Bulky with Body Beast?
Women don’t have enough testosterone to build bulk like men do. Men produce 15-20 times more testosterone than women. Testosterone is what causes muscles to grow. If you don’t have a lot of testosterone, you won’t get huge and bulky regardless of how much weight you’re lifting. Estrogen, which is the hormone that women have an abundance of, has an anti-muscle growth effect. A woman’s natural hormonal state will work against her getting muscular. Therefore, unless you’re supplementing your diet with a testosterone-enhancing hormone cocktail and overeating, it’s almost impossible for a woman to get bulky. Check out the video below of Sagi Kalev answering a question from an audience member on whether she should do Body Beast.
Can Body Beast Be Use As a Weight Loss Program?
I’m going to go on a limb and assume that you’re not really looking to lose weight, per se, but unwanted body fat. If your body is tone and slim and you are pleased with it, who cares how much you weigh, right? Having said that, Body Beast can definitely be part of a fat loss program. You might not lose weight, but you will definitely burn fat if you follow the “Lean Beast” program. You can really maximize the fat burning effect of Body Beast if you combine it with a cardio-focused weight loss program such as INSANITY, TurboFire, or INSANITY: THE ASYLUM. Combining a cardio-focused program with a weight training program is the perfect way to build a hardbody and shed unwanted fat.
Does Body Beast Have a Lean Schedule?
Yes. There are two different Body Beast training schedules: Huge and Lean. They are both available in the Body Beast Base kit. If you only care about building muscles, follow the Huge Beast schedule. It focuses on developing muscle mass with heavy weights and little cardio. The Lean Beast schedule, on the other hand, will have you doing more cardio and spending more time in the shredding phase of the program.
Does Body Beast Have a Nutrition Plan?
Yes, and here’s the amazing part—you can eat an insane amount of food and still burn fat. I can’t speak from experience because I’m not a woman, but my female friends who are doing Body Beast report that their caloric intake each day is 2500-3200, yet they are shedding fat. There is a caloric calculator included in the Book of Beast that will help you figure you how many calories you will need for either the Huge Beast or Lean Beast program. After you’ve calculated your caloric needs, apply them to the portions and recipes which also come with the Book of Beast.
Should Women Take the Body Beast Supplements, too?
Sagi Recommends that women who do the Body Beast program take the recommended supplements. All my female friends on the program are “all in,” including the supplements. Of course a woman’s results from doing the program and taking all the supplements will be different. Read my post on the Body Beast supplements here. Men will develop a thicker, more muscular physique. Women will become leaner, more tone, and firm all over. Your buttocks will round out and your legs will become more shapely. Your waist will probably also get thinner, too. If that’s the kind of body you want, then Body Beast is right for you.
You Might Like My Other Posts Related to Body Beast
- Watch a video featuring Sagi Kalev, your Body Beast trainer.
- In this post which includes a video, write about long term results with Body Beast and the cast members in the program.
- I discuss in detail the complete line of Body Beast supplements here.
- For people who think that you can only get great results at the gym, I compare Body Beast to the gym in this article.
- For a short introduction to each of the different Body Beast workouts that come with the program, follow this link.
- Body Beast does need a bit more equipment than other Beachbody home workout programs. Check out the complete list of recommended fitness equipment you will need to successfully complete Body Beast.
- The Body Beast program is available in several kits. I break down what each kit includes.
- What’s the difference between Body Beast and P90X? read this post to get a detailed comparison.
- Read a Beachbody interview with Sagi Kalev here.
- An iPhone app for Body Beast is in the works (so you can do the program at the gym). I discuss the rumors in this post.
- If you’re wondering if you can benefit from doing a program like Body Beast, read this article.
- Jeff discusses how he got amazing results with the Body Beast in this video. He went from scrawny hardgainer to jock type in 90 days.
- In this video, Brian talks about how Body Beast has added inches to his chest and arms for the first time.
- Read this announcement that Body Beast has been unleashed on the unsuspecting world.
- View a photo gallery of the guys from the Body Beast test group and the results they achieved in 90 days with the program.
- An early post on the Body Beast supplements. Cool video included.
- An early update on the development of Body Beast.
- For the first time, you can watch a video that gives you a great idea of what Body Beast is like. Still motivates me to this day.
- My very first post about Sagi Kalev and Body Beast.
=>Get the MAXIMUM results with your Body Beast workouts by ordering a Body Beast Challenge Pack, which comes with the recommended Body Beast Supplements. Click this link to order a Body Beast Challenge Pack. You'll need the nutrition in the Body Beast Supplements to fuel your Body Beast workouts and feed your growing muscles.<=